Sammlerforen.net     

Zurück   Sammlerforen.net > Öffentliche Foren > Sammelgebiete > Comics > Verlage > Edition Comicographie

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 19.01.2015, 21:49   #1  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Benutzerbild von Maxithecat

Standard Vorstellung: The essential Marvel reference project 61-77 - by Barry Pearl and the Yancy Street Gang

Da Barry Pearl auch massgeblich am TASCHEN Buch "75 Jahre Marvel" beteiligt war, möchte ich nicht vergessen , dass er auch ein EIGENES Buch geschrieben hat.
Es ist The essential Marvel reference project 1961-1977 .

Das Buch gibts nur in Englisch und ist 1250 Seiten (!!!) stark!

Es enthält sämtliche Hefte als Auflistung mit den Erscheinungdaten (mit Hilfe von Markus Müller! ), seltene Dokumente, Tonbeiträge und vieles, vieles mehr.

Als Anfang mal das Cover. In den nächsten Tagen werde ich noch mehr Sachen zeigen.

Das Buch gibts nur als pdf Datei und kostet 30,- US $. Es ist auf jeden Fall sein Geld wert!

Das Buch ist kopiergeschützt und läßt sich nicht ausdrucken. Barry gibt die Garantie, wenn jemandem das Buch nicht gefällt, gibts das Geld zurück!!! (Ich habe noch von NIEMANDEM gehört, dass er es gemacht hat! )

Weitere Bilder schickt mir Barry in den nächsten Tagen zu.

Geändert von Maxithecat (19.01.2015 um 23:12 Uhr)
Maxithecat ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.01.2015, 22:05   #2  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Das ist die YANCY STREET GANG!

Nicholas Caputo, Barry Pearl, Michael J. Vasallo
Alt 19.01.2015, 23:01   #3  
Spideyfan1960
Netzschwinger

Benutzerbild von Spideyfan1960

Das Buch ist wirklich topp!!!
Spideyfan1960 ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 19.01.2015, 23:09   #4  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Zitat:
Zitat von Eymen Beitrag anzeigen
Nur als pdf. Datei...?
Ja. Ist aber wirklich einzigartig. Es hat eine völlig andere Intention als das Buch zu 75 Jahre Marvel. Aber beide zusammen ergänzen sich absolut!
Alt 20.01.2015, 15:37   #5  
Ringmeister
Moderator Preisfindung

Benutzerbild von Ringmeister

Ein paar technische Fragen:

Wie bestelle ich das Werk?
Wie bezahle ich?
Bekomme ich eine CD / DVD oder eine Download-Erlaubnis?

Wenn man weiß, wo man ist, kann man sein, wo man will... (alter Fliegerspruch)
Ringmeister ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 20.01.2015, 15:49   #6  
falkbingo
Master of Desaster

Benutzerbild von falkbingo

Möchte ich auch gerne wissen.
falkbingo ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten
Alt 20.01.2015, 19:33   #7  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Hier ein Link zu seinem Blog: http://forbushman.blogspot.com

Dort steht auch alles weitere.
Alt 20.01.2015, 19:46   #8  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Originalbriefe mit vorgefertigten Antwortschreiben.

Alt 21.01.2015, 19:14   #9  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Barry über DICK AYERS!

Zitat:
Zitat von Barry Pearl

Dick Ayers as a wonderful gentlemen and I am so glad we developed a friendship with him and Lindy before we lost him. Dick had much to say but came from the generation of “If you don’t have anything nice to say about someone, say nothing.” He told us funny stories about Stan, his children and how they handled his profession. Once, his kid told a teacher, “My Dad draws monsters” and they called him to check on that. Of course, he did draw monsters!

Ayers was one of the big four at Marvel at the beginning. Along with Don Heck his drawings were not as dynamic as Kirby or Ditko and so both them were often not as celebrated by fans. But Dick was a great inker too and made the early comics of the Marvel Universe look in sync.

When we started our visits they first thought that we wanted something from them. But we only wanted to share. I soon gave Dick an abbreviated form of my book (mike Vassallo and Nick Caputo helped) and called it “The Marvel Age of Dick Ayers.”

Nick had found a DVD of 1948 live TV show where did the artwork (showing his hands) in “The Comic Book Murders.” Nick gave it to the Ayers and we watched it with them.

And Mike made arrangements for a giant Ghost Rider cover. Dick Ayers was the co-creator of the first Ghost Rider and then Marvel’s. They got two for one. And he was always proud of the time he spent in the service during WWII.

Alt 22.01.2015, 22:06   #10  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Barrys gesammelte Schätze

Alt 22.01.2015, 22:58   #11  
Spideyfan1960
Netzschwinger

Nr. 2 + 3 habe ich auch.
Alt 22.01.2015, 23:08   #12  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Vom letzten Posting, oder was meinst du?
Alt 22.01.2015, 23:43   #13  
Spideyfan1960
Netzschwinger

Ja!
Alt 23.01.2015, 12:00   #14  
falkbingo
Master of Desaster

Ich habe mir das Buch gestern gekauft. Es gab mit der Paypal Zahlung zwar einige Problem, weil nicht auf die Seite von Barry weitergeleitet wurde.
Ich habe bei Barry's Seite unter "Kontakte" nachgefragt (in feinstem Küchenenglisch) wie ich das Buch denn nun runter laden kann. Innerhalb von zwanzig Minuten kam eine Antwort mit einem Link von ihm.Nun ist das Buch runtergeladen. Es ist eine pdf Datei die sich mit Adobe oder Sumatra ohne Probleme öffnen lässt. Mein erster Eindruck : WOW! Diese Fülle von Informationen über das Marvel Imperium und diese nostalgischen Titelbilder lassen keine Wünsche offen. Das ist Lesestoff für Monate. Klare Empfehlung.
Alt 23.01.2015, 19:01   #15  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Zitat:
Zitat von falkbingo Beitrag anzeigen
Mein erster Eindruck : WOW! Diese Fülle von Informationen über das Marvel Imperium und diese nostalgischen Titelbilder lassen keine Wünsche offen. Das ist Lesestoff für Monate. Klare Empfehlung.

Ich kannte das Buch schon, da hatte es nur 800 Seiten! Ein wirklich Superteil!

Falls ihr Fragen an Barry habt, bitte melden! Ich leite sie dann weiter!
Alt 23.01.2015, 19:04   #16  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Hier eine Übersicht über die Inhalte (in Teilauszügen):

Geändert von Maxithecat (23.01.2015 um 20:52 Uhr)
Alt 23.01.2015, 19:14   #17  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Zitat:
Zitat von Barry Pearl
Thank you very much for offering to share my book. It took a while to get all this done!

If I may explain the pages:

During a stay in the hospital 45 years ago, Stan sent me a stack of comics and a very nice letter. I had sent him a fan letter in rhyme, so this book began as a large thank you letter to him.

It’s 1250 page book, whose first goal was to completely list, describe and give credits to all the Marvel Age comic of the era. While doing that, I put in features about their origins and interviews with their creators. There are also thousands of links to different points in the book that relate to any story. (see files entitled Listings). There are about 1,500 scans, all from the original comic books! (which I have)

There is a section of credits for every cover of this era. No one else has that. (cover credits)

The book has a huge history section which explains not just the behind the scenes working of Marvel, but a COMPLETE Chronology of the company until up until 1976. (timeline). The timeline also contains a grid of every published Marvel comic and the year and month it was published.

Marvel was not just super-heroes, but westerns, romance and comedy. Many of the plotlines in the latter turned up in the super hero line. Throughout the book I show their influnce. (History and westerns).

Alt 24.01.2015, 21:31   #18  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Barry hatte auch noch ein paar andere Sachen gesammelt!

Alt 25.01.2015, 14:51   #19  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Hier noch einmal der "Vorlauftext" zu den oben eingestellten Bildern.

Zitat:
Zitat von Barry
The Silver Age was a wonderful time for me. BUT, my brother and I had a very small room and I couldn’t keep everything. In looking back, I am surprised that I was able to keep anything! I had read twice as many DC comics as Marvels, DC just had more titles. And yes I read the Dell/Westerns/Gold keys, Archies, and many others when available.

I was growing up at the time and the Marvels were growing with me. Peter Parker graduated H.S and was going to college and had dated several girls, Sue and Reed got married and had a child, and the Hulk’s identity was revealed to the world. Nothing like that was happening at DC, there was no character development then. The name of her comic was “Superman’s Girlfriend, Lois Lane” but he never took out on a date!!! Over dinner, a decade ago, I got to speak to Julius Schwartz and Carmine Infantino over this. I’ll post about that.

My book started as a thank you note to Stan when I had a long stay in a hospital . I wrote him a funny poem, "The Rhyme of the Sub-Mariner" and he sent me a big stack of comics!!!! I wanted to write an unusual Thank You Note!!! Well, it took me 40 years!!!!!!

But if I read more DC’s than Marvel why a Marvel book? The answer for me simple: I was there in the beginning. This was not true for DC. Before comic stores and reprints these stories were unattainable. How could I write about Superman who started in 1938? Or Batman? Or Wonder Woman? Or Congo Bill? Even now, there are few reprints from the 1950s, (a lot from the 1940s and 1960s) I just didn’t have the history of DC.

But I was there at the beginning for Marvel, I had it all. Technically, DC incorporated their Golden Age heroes into the Silver Ager (Flash of Two Worlds and Crisis) and I knew little about the originals. Marvel treated the Torch, Capt. America and Namor as NEW characters and did not carry over their previous continuity.

So, I sent Stan a printout of the book and we have emailed since. He said, “I so glad sent you those comics!” But then he also sent me a couple of letters.
Alt 25.01.2015, 17:48   #20  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Hier ein paar weitere Seiten:

Zitat:
Zitat von Barry
The Character Map section lists all the major characters and the order of their published appearances.

The Not necessarily the Marvel Age includes work Marvel did for outside companies, including the NAACP, Big Books, MMMS, Captain Britain and so much more.

The reprint section lists all the Marvel reprint comics and where the stories first appeared. If a story was edited, their listing reflects that.

A full section of Marvel stamps and in what issue the stamps were published.

Alt 25.01.2015, 18:20   #21  
Ringmeister
Moderator Preisfindung

Habs auch runtergeladen. Tolles Werk!

Alt 20.06.2016, 12:37   #22  
falkbingo
Master of Desaster

Hallo Leute,
ich habe mir voriges Jahr das Marvel Reference Book von Barry gekauft.
Barry hat mir gestern einen Link geschickt, mit dem ich das von ihm komplett überarbeitete Buch, mit grösserer Seitenzahl kostenlos runterladen kann. Ausserdem gibt es einen Link um eine ipad Version herunterzuladen. Das nenne ich mal Dienst am Kunden.
Alt 20.06.2016, 12:53   #23  
Ringmeister
Moderator Preisfindung

Finde ich auch; und ganz ohne Zusatzkosten.

Neues Thema erstellen Antwort

Zurück   Sammlerforen.net > Öffentliche Foren > Sammelgebiete > Comics > Verlage > Edition Comicographie

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht