Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 23.01.2015, 18:14   #17  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Benutzerbild von Maxithecat

Zitat:
Zitat von Barry Pearl
Thank you very much for offering to share my book. It took a while to get all this done!

If I may explain the pages:

During a stay in the hospital 45 years ago, Stan sent me a stack of comics and a very nice letter. I had sent him a fan letter in rhyme, so this book began as a large thank you letter to him.

It’s 1250 page book, whose first goal was to completely list, describe and give credits to all the Marvel Age comic of the era. While doing that, I put in features about their origins and interviews with their creators. There are also thousands of links to different points in the book that relate to any story. (see files entitled Listings). There are about 1,500 scans, all from the original comic books! (which I have)

There is a section of credits for every cover of this era. No one else has that. (cover credits)

The book has a huge history section which explains not just the behind the scenes working of Marvel, but a COMPLETE Chronology of the company until up until 1976. (timeline). The timeline also contains a grid of every published Marvel comic and the year and month it was published.

Marvel was not just super-heroes, but westerns, romance and comedy. Many of the plotlines in the latter turned up in the super hero line. Throughout the book I show their influnce. (History and westerns).

Maxithecat ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten