Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 01.07.2009, 23:13   #13  
Schlimme
Nachrichten

Benutzerbild von Schlimme

Danke!

Don Rosa über Harvey-Award-Manipulationen vom Gemstone-Verlag:
(Der humorvolle Tonfall klingt so, als ob es der echte Don Rosa ist)
http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/b...omment-3428400
Zitat:
I wish these editors (or whoever is doing this manipulation) get the permission of their nominees before they seek this type of PR by “stuffing the nominations box”. It can be profoundly embarrassing! When I was surprised to see my name all over the Harvey nominations last year, I knew there was something afoot… I mean, in Finland or Norway or Italy, etc. maybe… but not in America. Not to mention the lasting shame of that year in the CBG awards where there *was* organized ballot-box-stuffing. No creator wants to look like maybe he was involved in such a scheme by his publisher/editor or anyone else. I actively tried to persuade Paul to remove all my nominations from the Harvey ballots, but he politely declined. And for fear of some other unknowable plan, I was at an Orioles game on the night of the Harvey Awards.

When there is some sort of manipulation of awards going on, please don’t assume the nominees have any involvenment!

(And hey, I shouldn’t have ever gotten ANY Eisner or Harvey nominations or awards anyhow — my work is all reprints from Europe! I should only have been eligible in the “Best Edition of International Material” categories.)
Schlimme ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten