Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 25.01.2015, 14:30   #1154  
Maxithecat
Moderator Marvel

Benutzerbild von Maxithecat

Todd McFarlane beantwortet die Frage, wieso er niemals mehr für Marvel oder DC arbeiten würde.

Zitat:
Zitat von Todd McFarlane

Here's the the answer to a question I get asked a lot: "NO!... I WILL NEVER DRAW for Marvel or DC Comics AGAIN!" But it's not why you might think...

I constantly (daily) get asked this question: 'Hey, Todd, are you ever going to go back to Marvel Comics and draw Spider-Man again?" The answer is simple....No I will not.

The reason though isn't because I dislike either Marvel or DC Comics or the people that work there. In fact, I mostly had a good time drawing for both companies when I was younger, and will always be grateful that they afforded me a great living while I was learning and improving my drawing/writing skills. I still encourage any young creator that has a chance to break into the industry with an offer from them, to do so.

No...

...the reason I don't and won't draw for them is that one of the many titles I have, at my various business interests, is that of President of Image Comics. And I take that responsibility very seriously. Image Comics is the THIRD largest comic company in North America, and as such we are in direct competition with both Marvel and DC Comics. As President of Image, I personally think it would be a conflict of interest for me to do work for a direct competitor. And in fact in some states being the President/CEO of a company forbids you to work for a direct competitor (The president of Microsoft won't/can't do freelance work for Apple Inc.) So, for me this isn't any different. In 1992, a handful of us decided to form Image Comics, and ever since then I have not worked at either Marvel or DC Comics, and as long as there is an Image Comics, I will continue to give all of my comic book efforts towards the company I helped form.

So, the next time you're tempted to ask the question from above, to me...Stop! And ask yourself if you think the president of Marvel or the president of DC Comics would do a comic book for Image Comics? The answer is: Of course not.

Does that mean there will never be a Spawn/Spiderman cross-over? No. That could happen as a joint collaboration. The same would be true with a cross-over with DC Comics. But it would just be a one month 'event' thing that would be beneficial to both sides.

Below is the last cover of the last issue I drew of SPIDER-MAN. If you look closely, you'll see a small word balloon coming from Spidey. He knew what he was talking about when he said those words. Because just like high school, I enjoyed my time at those comic companies...I just don't plan on going back to high school either. It's something in my past.

Be good.

TODD

Kann man nachvollziehen.
Maxithecat ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten