Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 02.02.2015, 18:29   #348  
Servalan
Moderatorin Internationale Comics

Benutzerbild von Servalan

Blog-Einträge: 3
Joe Sugg, britischer Star seines eigenen YouTube-Kanals ThatcherJoe mit 3,5 Millionen regelmäßigen Zuschauern, plant mit dem Autor Matt Whyman als Script-Doctor / Ghostwriter eine Graphic Novel. Sein literarisches Debüt wird für September 2015 im Verlag Hodder & Stroughton angekündigt. Allerdings verschweigt der Bericht des Guardian von Alison Flood (2. Februar 2015) den Namen des beteiligten Zeichners.
Zitat:
Just two months after his sister Zoe Sugg, known online as Zoella, smashed records with her debut novel Girl Online, Joe Sugg has been signed to write a graphic novel.

Sugg, who has over 3.5m subscribers to his YouTube channel, will make his literary debut this September, courtesy of publisher Hodder & Stoughton. His graphic novel will tell the story of a “socially isolated girl who fights to save a virtual world – created as a safe place for her by her dying father – from descending into mayhem”, said Hodder.

The author Matt Whyman will help Sugg to “shape and marshal his ideas”, with an illustrator also to be appointed. Sugg’s older sister, Zoe, came under fire in December after it emerged that her young adult novel Girl Online had been written with the help of a ghost writer, Siobhan Curham. But the controversy did not impact on the novel’s sales – after becoming the fastest selling debut since records began, racking up sales of 78,109 copies in its first week in shops, Girl Online has now sold over quarter of a million copies.

(...)

“The big surprise is I am releasing a book. But it’s not just a book, it’s what called a graphic novel,” Sugg revealed on his YouTube channel yesterday. “A graphic novel is a fictional story in a comic book style ... I’m working with an amazing team, team Sugg, which consists of me, an amazing writer called Matt, and an illustrator, and together we’re going to bring you the best story/cartoonish graphic novely like ball of amazingness.”

Geändert von Servalan (03.02.2015 um 13:07 Uhr)
Servalan ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten