Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 05.12.2014, 15:22   #247  
Servalan
Moderatorin Internationale Comics

Benutzerbild von Servalan

Blog-Einträge: 3
Was machen wir mit Lou Reed, dem Frontman der legendären Band The Velvet Underground? Bei posthum erschienen Werken tendiere ich eher dazu, sie nicht in die Liste aufzunehmen. Bei Lou Reed finden sich aber zwei gewichtige Stimmen, die Lou Reed seinen Status als Co-Autor des Comics zusprechen.
Einerseits der eindeutig befangene Verlag Fantagrapaphics (2011):
Zitat:
In 2000, veteran rock 'n' roller Lou Reed, legendary director Robert Wilson, and a cast of singers and actors premiered Reed's musical POEtry in Hamburg's Thalia Theater.
An ambitious combination of Edgar Allan Poe's poems and stories and Reed's reinterpretations of same (with a few classic Reed songs such as "Perfect Day" and "The Bed" integrated for good measure), POEtry bridged the centuries to provide a unique vision of beauty and horror for the dawning 21st century.
In 2003, Reed released (under the title The Raven) a double CD reprising the musical, featuring an all-star cast of singers and actors including Steve Buscemi, David Bowie, Laurie Anderson. Willem Dafoe, and the Blind Boys of Alabama, as well as an edited single-CD version focusing on the songs.
Now, for the definitive book version compiling the songs, verses and narratives that comprise POEtry/The Raven, Reed has personally commissioned legendary Italian illustrator and cartoonist Lorenzo Mattotti (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Stigmata) to visualize this extraordinary collaboration. Mattotti's vivid, abstracted and enigmatic artwork brings out all the terror and beauty of this centuries-spanning masterwork.
For our edition of this book, we enlisted Grammy Award-nominated designer Jesse LeDoux to create the striking jacket design.
Paul Gravett gesteht Reed ebenfalls den Autorenstatus zu:
Zitat:
For your latest book, Lou Reed contacted you about his music based on Edgar Allan Poe’s poem The Raven.
Yes, it is Poe interpreted by Lou Reed and then reinterpreted by me. Lou Reed is a very sensitive person, a contemporary poet, attentive to everything. He gave me lots of confidence to do what I want, to follow his music, and not stay close to Poe’s writing, not illustration but reinterpretation. He pushed me to extract something hidden inside me.
In seiner Rezension betont Gravett seine Einschätzung mit Nachdruck:
Zitat:
Paul Gravett says:
Lou Reed sought out Mattotti personally for this collaborative project, expanding the Poe-inspired tracks with the Italian maestro’s majesterial macabre imagery.
Ein paar Namen vermisse ich noch. Ich denke, der eine oder andere wird früher oder später hier auftauchen:
Björk und ihr Ehemann, der Künstler Matthew Barney.
Die comicaffinen Regisseure James Cameron, Fan der Manga-Serie Battle Angel Alita, und Ridley Scott.
Nachdem sich Christian Kracht durch Imperium den klassischen Bandes Dessinées schon ziemlich angenähert hat, sollte er irgendwann ein Werk konsequent als Comic vorlegen. Ähnliches erwarte ich vom multimedialen Thomas von Steinaecker.

Geändert von Servalan (05.12.2014 um 17:07 Uhr)
Servalan ist offline   Mit Zitat antworten